We received devastating news today. The orphanage contacted CCAI and told them that they would be pulling Jiu Fen Fu’s file today due to some unexpected issues. This was obviously heart-wrenching and we are trying to determine what God has for us to learn in all of this.
In church yesterday, the pastor started a series on Habakkuk. This book is basically helps us deal with “Why does God let certain things happen? Like why 9/11, the holocaust, long adoption processes, delayed fingerprints. Well, now we can add to the list devastating adoption news. I told Brian we should read the book of Job.
I remember doing a Beth Moore Bible study years ago. I don’t even remember the name. Anyway, it had to do with God giving us grace and strength only when we need it. There was a family that had lost a child and people would say to them, “I don’t know how you do it. I could never handle losing a child.” The point was God doesn’t give us the strength we need to go through a situation until we are actually in the situation. I have a whole new appreciation for that now. God will not give us what we can’t handle and will give us the strength we need to get through it.
When you don't understand, when you can't see His plan, when you can't trace His hand, trust His heart."
The strength of the vessel can be demonstrated only by the hurricane and the power of the Gospel can be fully shown only when the Christian is subjected to some fiery trial. If God would make manifest the fact that “He giveth songs in the night” (Job 35:10), He must first make it night. William Taylor
Keep on trusting- God's got His hand in this process! We are praying!
ReplyDeleteOh I am so sorry! This just sickens me! We are praying! Keep the faith.
ReplyDeleteOh man, Richel! Praying for you guys!
ReplyDelete