Monday, June 21, 2010
Lessons
Before we received our referral, it was a big deal to me that we could celebrate her 1st birthday at home. Maybe part of it was selfish, but I mainly wanted her to be able to have tangible memories of a major milestone like her 1st birthday. Although I still want to celebrate her 1st Bday at home, it's not nearly as big of a deal as it was a month ago. Obviously it would be easier to tell if there are any major issues in a child whose age is closer to 12 months than 6 months. I thought that I had given up everything regarding the adoption long ago, but I guess not. Maybe this is what God needed to do to help me understand that an older child would be perfectly fine for our family. Good thing He knows best. Guess I'm just work on leaning and learning what God wants for us even when I don't have a clue.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment