Saturday, June 19, 2010

A Ray of Sunshine

Since our first referral is no longer available, we were given the option to ask for another referral. We decided that that is what we wanted to do. Although having a disrupted referral is not real common, it does happen. We know of a family who got to China, met their child and realized there was something very wrong with her. They had to ask for a new referral. Thankfully they were able to get the referral without having to go home and come back. We are so glad that that was not our situation.

On Friday, we received call from CCAI (our adoption agency). They said that they got a call from CCAA (Chinese Center for Adoption Affairs) confirming that we WILL be matched in the next group (which should be around July 5). I was hoping we would get some kind of confirmation. Unlike last month when we knew our date was “in” and we would get a referral, without this confirmation we wouldn’t know for sure that we were in next month. Now we don’t have to be concerned about that.

I have to be careful that I don't wish our summer away. While I am very anxious to get our new referral, I still have 2 girls at home who will be back in school before I know it. Then I'll wonder where the summer has gone. I figured out the other day that even in the best case scenario, the girls will be in school at least some of the time that we are in China. Kinda puts the time thing into perspective.

1 comment:

  1. This will all work out to God's glory and your family will be blessed by all of this, it is just hard to see that now.

    ReplyDelete