Friday, July 16, 2010

Referral Day Take 2!


Well, my optimistic prediction wasn't optimistic enough! We got our referral on Thursday! I had to work Thursday, so Brian spent the morning frequently checking on CCAI and RQ's websites. By noon, we were confident that referrals had come and we would get the call Friday. I asked Brian to email CCAI to confirm that we received a referral and when we would get the call. Well, we got much more!
Andrea actually called us and said she could give us our referral info! I was done with everything at work, so I asked if I could leave ½ hr. early. That was no problem, so I headed home. Brian was already there, so we called Andrea.  Here's what we learned:

  • Her name is Tong (geographical region) Min (people) Xian (admire).
  • Her birthday is January 27, 2010 and she is in foster care. She isn't even 6 months old!
  • She drinks 280cc milk or rice based formula about every 4 hrs. and eat soups and mashed fruit.
  • She's up at 8am, naps for 2 hrs. in the afternoon and goes to bed at 9pm and is a deep sleeper.
  • She can hold her head up while lying on her stomach, roll, locate the direction of the sound of a voice, hold blocks in each hand at the same time, look for a dropped toy, follow moving toys, distinguishing between acquaintances and strangers, knows her name and turns her head when name is said.
  • She is active and restless, fond of imitating, listening to music, reading picture books, and playing outside. Her favorite toy is animal toys.
Miranda is thrilled that she loves to play outside and Mikayla is thrilled that she likes animal toys (AKA stuffed animals as far as Mikayla is concerned). :)

Her health looks good from what we can tell. She weighed 12.1 lbs and was 23.6 inches long at 4 1/2 months. Andrea thought we would travel in 5-6 weeks. Our travel group is #1618.

Her new name will be Megan Mei MinXian Weiss. Orginally we thought that we might drop the "Min", because of so many Ms. But then someone pointed out that her first name starts with an M and how appropriate for our family, so we then decided we had to keep it.

1 comment: