Monday, July 19, 2010

Deja Vu

Hopefully I spelled that correctly.  Anyway, the I-171H stuff is back to haunt us and try to make me anxious.  Something that was supposed to be a technicality is not going to be. I called the National Visa Center (NVC) to see if our info. had been forwarded to Guangzhou. We received our I-171H on 6/16/10. Well, for some reason the info. has not gotten to NVC yet. All I600A (I-171H) processing has now been moved to the National Benefits Center (NBC) effective July 1. Something must have gotten lost in the transition. It is nearly impossible to talk to a real person at USCIS, so thankfully I had a phone # for NBC and was able to talk to a real person who was very helpful. We had to email a PDF of our current I-171H and most recent home study. She will send it to the NVC tomorrow and hopefully they’ll have it by Friday. It is my understanding that the NVC can email that info. to Guangzhou.  Gotcha love it!  Thankfully I'm not anxious about it like I was last time.

We also sent our Letter of Confirmation and some other paperwork to CCAI today via FedEx overnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment