Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Delay is not Denial

Probably about a year ago, someone posted this quote.  I think it was on their facebook page.

"DELAY is not DENIAL...not even withholding.  It is the opportunity for God to work out your problems and accomplish your desires in the most wonderful way possible for you."  God Calling, A.J. Russell

We have clung to that statement and the reminder that God's timing is always better than ours.  I really learned that lesson this spring.  Waiting has always been hard, but God is totally in control of this process and obviously knows when the best time is for the baby to come to us. I have definitely learned a lot over the last 4 ½ years, but I can honestly say that I learned something in March that will be invaluable to me when the baby comes home. I learned that I can’t micro-managed Miranda and Mikayla, especially in relation to their school work. I’m still working on it, but it has been incredibly freeing and we are all better off for it.  I don't think I would have learned this any earlier and it probably would have taken even longer if we had our baby earlier.

No comments:

Post a Comment