It was 5 yrs. ago today that we started the process to adopt Megan. Back then, the wait was about 8-9 months from LID. God has obviously taken us on quite a journey and something we never could have imagine. However, he has been in every detail. As I have mentioned before, there were some things that I needed to learn before Megan came and I only learned them 6 months ago. Even the timing of our travel has been a blessing. It has been very good to us to be home for the girls for the 1st week of school and the adjustments that entales. Brian's parents also decided to come up over Labor Day weekend to give my friend a break. Then my sister and my mom will be coming 5 days later.
I think reality has set in for our girls. They are nervous about being gone from us for 2 weeks and staying at someone else's house. I think that once things start rolling they will be fine, but tomorrow might be rough. I'm so glad that we can bring them to school before we leave.
Some of you will laugh when you hear about what I did on my last day before we leave, but those of you know me well will not be surprised. I spent 4 1/2 hrs. making jelly with friends. Since you can't pack your toothbrush the day before, I figured I might as well keep myself and my mind occupied. No sense staying at home and worrying if I packed everything. So 4 friends and I made juneberry and choke cherry jelly and I came home with 24 jars. Jelly anyone? :)
No comments:
Post a Comment